What is Yoga?
Yoga is a tradition and science with roots in ancient India. Yoga has evolved over centuries to embrace the wisdom of many places and times. Throughout history, it has been split into various “types or schools of Yoga” focusing on the different aspects of Yoga. Yoga means union.
Through posture, breath, meditation and relaxation you will find awareness, strength, flexibility, focus and stillness. Experience wholeness through integration of mind, body and spirit.
KUNDALINI AND MEDITATION
"Kundalini Yoga utilizes asanas (body postures),sound current (chanting), breath (pranayama) and meditation to relax and heal your mind and body, allowing the spirit to flow freely. Kundalini Yoga brings a greater feeling of well-being and happiness-our natural birthright as humans. It balances the glandular system and strengthens the nervous and immune systems. This powerful and effective form of Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, Ph.D., Master of Kundalini Yoga, is a great way to recharge and heal as it centers the mind, strengthens the body and increases awareness of the spirit. From your very first class, you'll reap the rewards. You are not required to be in perfect physical shape or believe anything in particular. The gift of Kundalini Yoga is that you experience it. No words can replace the experience. Everyone can do it!"
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your session or class starts.
- Refrain from eating an hour and half before your session or class.
- Wear comfortable clothes; leave your shoes at the door.
- Turn cell phones off before entering GYROTONIC® Sat Nam.
- Please refrain from wearing fragrances such as perfume, body lotions etc. in consideration for those with allergies.
- Bring a mat and towel.
- It is important to let the instructors know if you have any condition or injury before your session or class starts.
- Always let the instructors know if you are pregnant before you start your session or class.